Last Updated: 21/10/2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Our General Terms and Conditions for Using Our Websites also apply to your use of our Websites and should be read in conjunction with this policy.
You may use our Websites only for lawful purposes. Whenever you make use of a feature (if such feature exists from time to time) that allows you to upload content to our Websites, or to make contact with other users of our Websites, you must comply with the content standards set out in this Policy
You may not use our Websites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the websites for any purpose.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Websites;
- any equipment or network on which our Websites is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Websites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party and used to provide our Websites.
This policy applies to any and all material or which you contribute or upload to our Websites (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it. This policy must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, at our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches this policy.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Disguise, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You warrant that any such Contribution complies with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us (and any of our group companies, employees of us and our group companies, officers, or any other person acting on our behalf) for any loss, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses in connection with any breach of this policy from time to time. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Users of our e-learning systems must not cheat. Your login to the e-learning system is for you only and you should not share it with other people. If we detect you sharing login information, we will deactivate your account. If we detect or suspect that you are cheating we will deactivate your account. If you do not login for 6-months your account may be deactivated and may be deleted from our system.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the General Terms and Conditions for Using Our Websites upon which you are permitted to use our Websites, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Websites;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Websites;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Any Contribution will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Contributions (insofar as you are lawfully able to), but you are required to grant us and other users of our Websites a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Contributions constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We have the right to remove any Contributions you make on our Websites if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the standards set out in our in this policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content
Our group companies have a right to enforce this contract. All members of our group of companies shall have the benefit of (and the right to enforce) all the provisions of this contract (without having any obligation to perform any of the obligations in this contract).
This policy, subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.